The staff at MITS are dedicated to your IT wellbeing. Each staff member has individual skill sets and interests. You can find out about us by clicking on the links below.
Hi I'm Michael and I am the owner/principal of MITS. I have a wide range of interests that include more than IT. Within IT I am passionate about freedom of choice, personal privacy, security, and networking. I have been using Windows since 3.1, Linux since Red Hat 7 and then Ubuntu 7.04. Currently I mainly use Windows 10, Debian 9, and Cobber 2019 (this is my primary OS).
Outside of IT I am passionate about the environment, cars, and animals. I am a mechanic by trade (since 1985) and an educator by profession (7-12 HSIE since 2001, K-6 since 2012, VET since 2018).
My IT Qualifications - Certifications
While my formal qualifications/certifications are few I have been working on and building computers since the early 1990s. I am currently working through a list of qualifications to obtain that I believe will not only benefit me but will also benefit MITS clients.
I will update this list, with dates, when I obtain each new qualification.
- G Suite Administrator Fundamentals obtained 2017
- ICT20115 - Certificate II in Information Technology obtained 2016
Over and above the list above in order to keep up with the latest in IT I am also a member of:
My current systems
- PFsense based router with PFblockerNG, Squid, & Snort installed
- Raspberry Pi 3 media player
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Mark IV with 2, swapable, harddrives. I use this machine for tuning cars
- 1 hdd dual booting FreeDOS and Windows 7
- 1 ssd with Windows 10
- eMachines netbook (7" screen) with CloudReady Chromium OS by Neverware (this machine used to have Windows XP)
- Samsung RV511 laptop running a Debian webserver (this website and others are hosted on it)
- a home built Desktop with an Intel i7 4770, 32 GB RAM, multibooting Windows 10 and Cobber GNU/Linux. Both OS' have VirtualBox installed and run various other OS' such as Android, Debian Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Slackware, LFS (Linux From Scratch), FreeBSD
- 2 Ubiquity PTP range extenders
Future plans include:
- a dedicated NAS (running FreeNAS with NextCloud)
Why not add this site to your feed to keep up with developments?.
Contact: Coming soon
All pictures used on this site are copyrighted to me except where noted at the actual picture. No permission is granted to use my pictures without formally asking and obtaining a positive reply.